West Rainton & Leamside
Domino Tournament 2019
Springfield Lodge Nursing Home are opening their doors to challenge the local community to a Domino Tournament organised by the Dementia Steering Group.
80% of residents living in the care home have some form of dementia which is why the steering group are keen to invite other groups in the village to take part and support the initiative.
We are told some of the residents are pretty good domino players so the competition is well and truly on to find the best domino team.
How it will work:
- Form a team of 4 people and give yourself a team name
- Email email@example.com with your team name, names of each player and a contact phone number
- You will then be contacted and given a week between Jan –May 2019 that will be your teams week to play against the residents of the nursing home
- Your team will then contact Springfield Lodge nursing home prior to your given week and agree which day (mon-fri) you can go along between 2-3pm to play against 4 of their residents
- The domino game will go ahead when agreed and results will be recorded by staff at the nursing home
- The tournament will end in May during Dementia Action week where a celebration event will be held and the final games played at the same time
We hope you will get involved, please enter a Domino team before the 1st December 2018.
West Rainton and Leamside
Dementia Steering Group