Whatever your role in the community, you can help.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
For the initiative to work we need YOU to be involved, working together to create a dementia friendly community.
Dementia does not discriminate, our aim is to come together as a community to improve the lives of those living with dementia, carers and families in West Rainton and Leamside.
We need individuals, families, business owners, community groups, the church, the school, the doctors and the nursing home to create dementia actions to drive this forward. You create your own action for change and we support you to carry it out.
Being involved is about learning more about dementia and the small ways you can help. From telling neighbours about the Dementia Friends Information Sessions to visiting someone you know living with dementia, every action counts.
You don't have to commit to doing something time-consuming. No action is too big or small and together we can make change.
Dementia Friends actions could include:
- Getting in touch and staying in touch with someone I know living with dementia
- Volunteering for an organisation that helps people with dementia
- Campaigning for change, eg by signing up to Alzheimer’s Society’s campaigns to improve the lives of people with dementia
- Wearing my badge and telling 5 friends about the Dementia Friends initiative
- Carrying out a personal action eg Being more patient when out in my community
If you want to get involved with this exciting initiative please check out our Events page or get in touch.
Tel: 07443 9122860