The Alzheimer's Society have resources available to
support those living with dementia, their carers/families
which you can find below.
Useful Website Links
- National Dementia Helpline - If you have concerns about Alzheimer's disease or about any other form of dementia, Alzheimer's Society National Dementia Helpline 0300 222 1122 can provide information, support, guidance and signposting to other appropriate organisations.
- Find local services - Use Dementia Connect, our new online services directory, to find services near you. Enter your postcode, town or city to search.
- Alzheimer's Society Factsheets - Alzheimer's Society has a number of factsheets that cover a wide range of dementia-related topics.
- SCIE - The Open Dementia Programme has a number of online modules which are aimed at anyone who comes into contact with someone with dementia and provides a general introduction to the disease and the experience of living with dementia.
- NHS Dementia Guide - Offers information for people with dementia and their families and friends.
- Talking Point - Talking Point is Alzheimer's Society's online support and discussion forum for anyone affected by dementia. It's a place to ask for advice, share information, join in discussions and feel supported.
- DEEP - The Dementia Engagement and Empowerment Project
- Dementia Action Alliance - Organisations across England committed to transforming the lives of people with dementia and their carers.~
- How to help people with dementia: A guide for customer-facing staff - This publication explains how small actions can make a big difference when you are serving customers with dementia.
- Alzheimer's Society YouTube channel - For all the latest videos from Alzheimer's Society.
- Alzheimer's Society Research Network - Alzheimer's Society is a pioneer in public involvement in dementia research. Our Research Network , established in 1999, now includes a team of over 280 carers, former carers and people living with dementia.
- You can now join Alzheimer’s Society for FREE and receive email notifications of each new online issue of Living with dementia magazine. It’s really easy to sign-up, just complete this form.
- Daily Living Aids catalogue - take a look at Alzheimer's Society's Daily Living Aids catalogue, which offers a selection of products to help with the everyday challenges faced by people living with dementia and their carers. These include easy to use telephones, calendar clocks and home safety devices.
Opportunities To Be Aware Of
This is a registered charity that is dedicated to supporting people to live well with dementia and allow their families to join them on a holiday while having the reassurance that professionals are on hand to help with their caring responsibilities.
The Dementia Adventure Trust supports people living with dementia and their carers by underwriting the cost of holidays and breaks to make them as affordable as possible.
Each family is supported by a member of the team throughout the break and most of the breaks on offer are suitable for wheelchair users and those with limited mobility.