Who We Are
West Rainton & Leamside
Working Towards becoming a Dementia Friendly Community
West Rainton & Leamside Dementia Friends Steering Group has recently been setup by local residents volunteering their time to make a difference and create change within the community.
The aim is to raise awareness and work towards creating a Dementia Friendly community which involves gaining the support of local businesses, organisations and community groups also including you as local residents.
- Raise awareness and reduce the stigma of Dementia for all those living and working within West Rainton and Leamside
- Raise understanding and acceptance in the whole community
- Tackle loneliness and social isolation for those living with Dementia and their carers
- Supporting people to remain independent and connected to their communities
- Promote wellbeing and independence for those living with Dementia, and improved support for carers
- Offer welcoming and understanding businesses and local community groups for those living with Dementia, their carers/families Provide a new range of activities that open up to a wider audience and become more inclusive for older residents as well as those living with Dementia.